ZooMontana Reopening - Phase I
In conjunction with state and local officials, ZooMontana will enter Phase I of a reopening plan on May 4th, 2020. This process has been heavily debated, and follows the advice and recommendations of health officials, numerous AZA facilities and small businesses within the community. The Zoo will remain on Winter hours through May (10am-2pm with grounds closing at 3pm). The following dates will apply*:
- May 4th-May 10th – MEMBERS ONLY
- May 11th – Open to general public – Daily attendance will be capped at 10% of the Zoo’s capacity. This computes to 500 guests/day.
While ZooMontana is excited to re-open, we must do so in a manner that is safe and responsible. For this reason, Phase I will include several strict guidelines that we will follow until further restrictions are lifted.
These guidelines are as follows*:
- All guests must practice social distancing within the Zoo. Please be mindful of other guests.
- No groups larger than 10 will be permitted.
- All buildings, except for the restrooms, will be closed until further notice. We ask that you practice social distancing within the restrooms.
- Playgrounds will be open with hand sanitizing stations available. Please watch your children and their distancing to other children.
- All animal feeders and extra options such as the photo booth, wind machine and penny machine will be out of commission until further restrictions are lifted.
- ZooMontana is not booking groups or field trips at this time.
- Tickets can be bought online (site pending), or onsite at the time of your visit.
*The above dates, times and guidelines are subject to change
We are committed to keeping you, our staff, and our animals safe during this challenging time. We appreciate your support and patience as we work together to figure out the coming months. One thing is certain, we look forward to having you back!