ZooMontana Birdhouse Assembly Instructions
Be sure to check out the video below for instructions on how to assemble your newly purchased ZooMontana Birdhouse!
The birdhouses from ZooMontana are meant for variety of small bird species. Here are a few tips for installing the new house:
- There is no need to add a perch. Perches often allow predatory birds to access the eggs in a much easier fashion.
- Roughen the inside of the box just below the entrance hole to help fledglings exit the house.
- Birdhouses can be mounted on a sturdy pole/post, tree, or under the eve of a house. Birds will rarely use free swinging houses. This particular bird house will do best mounted between 4 and 6 feet above the ground.
- Should you have multiple birdhouses, they should be placed approximately 50 feet apart to alleviate crowding and territorial disputes.
- It is best to clean the birdhouse out each spring. Dry sawdust or woodchips may be added, but not necessary.