- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Chordata
- Subphylum: Vertebrata
- Class: Amphibia
- Family: Hylidae
- Genus: Litoria
- Species: Litoria caerulea
- This tree frog has many unique factors that set it apart from other Hylids. It is a rather large tree frog in general, ranging in length from 3 to 4.5 inches.
- These frogs are very tame in nature and are have little fear of humans.
- These tree frogs have adapted to seasonally dry or wet habitats. They prefer moist forested environments, but have skin that can adjust to drier situations,
Economic Importance for Humans: Positive
- Scientists have discovered that skin secretions from this animal can destroy the staph bacterium.
- Reportedly this species is still common in parts of its natural range.
Information courtesy of the Animal Diversity website.